Chef John at Allrecipes.com has produced this vegan fudge recipe. He says the ‘miracle’ is in the refined coconut oil. I think the miracle is that this fudge can go from thought to mouth in 50mins. It has received universal approval from friends who have tried it. I offer it here for you. A present from me to you.
- ½ cup good quality unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 1 teasp of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup refined coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, dry roasted
- 2-3 teasp unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting.
- Place the ½ cup of cocoa in a mixing bowl and stir in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour the melted coconut oil into this mixture and combine thoroughly until to coconut oil starts to harden and the mix looks thick.
- Stir the warm walnuts into the fudge mixture. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- Pour the fudge into a silicone mold for making small ice cubes. Smooth the top of the fudge.
- Wrap mold in plastic wrap and freeze at least 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and pop each fudge piece out of the mold.
- Dust the pieces lightly with the cocoa powder before serving or packaging for gifts.
- Serve cold; freeze leftovers.
Serve with strawberries and enjoy.